I am looking forward to nine days, two countries, six cities, and 10 presentations as part of the 2012 Australia and New Zealand SAP Innovation Forum and BI Briefings Tour – I hope to see you there!
SAP Innovation Forums
I’ll be doing the opening SAP keynote and analytics presentations, packed with examples of customers doing business “like never before”. Search for #SAPForum on Twitter to follow what’s going on.
- Brisbane Tuesday 29 May, 2012, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Sydney, Thursday 31 May, 2012, The Establishment hotel, Sydney
Business Intelligence Briefings
These sessions are focused on helping existing SAP BusinessObjects customers get the most out of their BI investments. I’ll be doing the opening keynote on BusinessObjects customers and innovations, followed by local companies talking about their BI and analytics experiences. Search for #ANZBI on Twitter to follow what’s going on.
What’s next for BI innovation at SAP? There was a ton of buzz from last week at SapphireNOW about SAP’s BI strategy, including a new solution for data discovery called SAP Visual Intelligence. A recent blog post from business intelligence analyst Cindi Howson highlights 5 core pillars of SAP’s BI strategy and points out many of these recent BI innovations:
- BI core: SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 and the subsequent Feature Pack 3
- Creative BI: provide fast time to value for both line of business and IT (Visual Intelligence)
- Mobile BI: develop first for mobile users and expand BI to untapped users (SAP Mobile & Zen)
- Extreme Analytics: Big data, real time, predictive (Hana, IQ, Predictive Analysis)
- Social: capture the decision, leverage the network. (Streamwork)
In her blog post Cindi writes, “SAP is once again innovating in BI, not just integrating.” You can stay connected with the latest innovations by following the news from a BI innovation tour next week starting in Australia.
- Brisbane Tuesday 29 May, 2012, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (separate registration, after Innovation Forum)
- Sydney, Thursday 31 May, 2012, The Establishment hotel, Sydney (separate registration, after Innovation Forum)
- Auckland, Friday 1 June, 2012, Stamford Hotel (please contact local office to register)
- Adelaide, Monday 4 June, 2012, The Hilton, Adelaide
- Melbourne, Tuesday 5 June, 2012, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Melbourne
- Perth, Tuesday 6 June, 2012 (informal lunch – please contact local office)