Steve Lucas, EVP of Database and Technology, unveiled SAP’s Big Data Processing Framework at the keynote session of SAP Insider BI2012 in Orlando earlier this year.
I was honored to have the opportunity to be on stage with Steve for the first time, and we were ably assisted by Fred Samson.
In the recorded session below, we discuss what “big data” means, why you should care, and how SAP is making it easy to Ingest, Store, Process, and Present “extreme data” with a seamless set of technologies adapted to different needs, including SAP HANA, Sybase IQ, and open-source technologies like Hadoop.
There will be more details about the framework in SAPPHIRE NOW sessions in the US and Europe.
Jump straight to the content you’re interested in:
- 02:00 – What you can do with Big Data
- 32:50 – SAP Smart Meter Analytics with SAP HANA
- 43:30 – BI4.0 running with Amazon Cloud on top of Sybase IQ
- 52:00 – The Cloud
- 54:28 – Sharing reports with BI OnDemand
- 1:03:28 – Mobility
- 1:20:00 – Latest consumer application from SAP
You can download the presentation here:
As usual, if you’re interested in SAP BusinessObjects Analytics, you should subscribe to http://www.blogs.sap.com/analytics.