Interested in the latest trends in BI Competency Centers (BICCs)? Here’s a (long) presentation I put together last year that covers the latest and greatest best practices when it comes to organizing for analytics.
Topics covered include:
- The big changes in BI
- The struggles of today’s BICCs
- Supporting “Modern BI”
- BICCs are dead?! Long live ACEs: “Analytic Centers of Excellence”
- From Power to Empower
- From Collection to Connection
- From Control to Trust
And the “Seven Key Points To Take Home”:
- Old approaches are no longer enough
- Self-service BI is a wonderful business opportunity. If done right, can dramatically improve business agility and IT/Business alignment
- But it requires new cultures and ways of working. You’re no longer in charge — and everybody has to compromise
- Pragmatism is the name of the game. It’s not about doing the least-worst, most-right job, focusing on building usage.
- Community is the essential pillar. No one person or team can do this alone — build momentum and listen to feedback
- Look for opportunities to simplify. It’s not about technology, but the right technology can help agility.
- Keep up momentum and success. Look out for teaching opportunities, and market success widely and often